The Eating Beauty

The Eating Beauty

Labels

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My November Vellvette Bag: Sneak Peak and Review

Hi there lovely people! I’m here today to review what is currently my BFF/Santa/BF right now (it has not once failed to surprise me with awesome beauty products every month!)

Don’t know what a Vellvette bag is?

Vellvette is a company that sends you surprise beauty products each month for a very minimal subscription price (ranging from INR 300-499 per month). So you buy (or gift) the bag, and then fill a brief questionnaire regarding your hair and skin type, and any problems you might be facing like hair-fall, pigmentation, etc. Once that’s done, you sit back, drink coffee, and wait. You wait till the last week of the month (which I feel, is the best part, because that’s when all my pocket money gets over :p). Then the doorbell rings, and a big cardboard box arrives. Open it carefully (or just tear it apart) to find a little cute ‘themed’ bag inside. And inside the bag will be atleast three, atleast sample sized beauty products (that’ll typically last you for 15-20 days) personalised to your skin/hair/nail type.  So you get to sample the top beauty brands of the world, and you get hefty discounts if you buy the same online at www.vellvette.com J

Why did I say ‘atleast’, twice?

Well, most of the times, you get a bonus product. I’ve received 4 products 4/5 times that I’ve subscribed to the box. And 5/5 times, I’ve received a few full sized products. I now have a full bottle of a shampoo, a pretty royal blue eyeliner, a shower gel, a lip inflation lipgloss, a mascara, and an eye-shadow palette in my collection. And I’m only talking about the few full sized products that I’ve received, in mere 5 months! Well, needless to say, I’m happily hooked for life. :D
Price – INR 3599 (Rs. 300 p.m.) for an annual subscription. Monthly subscriptions are for INR 499. Quarterly and half-yearly subscriptions are available too. You can order the bags here.

Back to the topic –



So about the November bag (gosh! I really do speak (type?) a lot, don’t I?), this month’s theme is ‘BAND BAJA BEAUTY’.  The bag is glossy pink, with cute little black polka dots on it. For skin that glows and style that stands out, Vellvette has partnered with 5 new brands this month to gear us up for the wedding season.  Cutting to the chase (finally, you say? :/) here’s what I got in my adorable pink and black November bag –



 I also received an Ofra Radiance face and body scrub (7g) which isn’t mentioned in the list above.

1)      The LA splash mascara – Abyss – full size
The card I’ve received is of the glitter eye-liner, though. L


2)      The Votre pore shrinking toner – 50 ml


3)      Kama Ayurveda Lavender Body Lotion – 50 ml


4)      Ofra Radiance face and body scrub – 7g 
 - Didn't receive a card for that one.

Overall, I’m fairly satisfied with my November bag. The cute pink and black bag now accompanies me wherever I go, and the products are decently sized and definitely useful. Vellvette has, once again, made my day (or month). Can't wait for the bag by Santa during Christmas! :D

TEB rating - 5/5 (for all the happy surprises)




Anyone of you subscribes to the bag? What did you get?

9 comments:

  1. Whoa! Except for the Ayurvedic moisturizer, I got the same items as you! I received the wrong card for the mascara as well, and there was no mention of the Ofra cream anywhere! O.o

    I'm glad you write that much... I have the same problem. :P

    Check out my review here: http://geekie-chic.blogspot.in/2013/11/whats-in-my-vellvette-bag-november-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Swati,
      I love the gifs in your blog. It's such a cute review!
      Vellvette had sent me the coconut and cream shower gel in one of their previous bags. So well, the moisturiser this time.

      They do seem to have made a mistake with the cards this time, no?

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I love the GIFs too. XD

      Yeah, I'm surprised that they messed up so many of the cards. I'd thought it was just me!

      Delete
    3. Same here! But then, they also messed up an online order of mine (they sent in a sample size of a body lotion for Rs. 525!!!). Well, I guess too many subscriptions spoil the company! :/ :/ :/

      Delete
    4. Did you email them about the order? :\

      Delete
    5. Yup yup. They finally sent in a coffee face scrub instead. It's yummy, and I got a lavender body lotion in my bag this month, so turned out to be a win - win in the end.

      Delete
  2. Ive got the LA Splash mascara in a previous bag but havent used it yet. You got nice stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The LA Splash mascara is just decent day-time stuff. Not much to rave about there :( Waiting for the lip booms in future bags :P

      Delete